Ever wanted to travel the country with your furry companion but felt lost on where to start? Have no fear! Here is a list of the top 10 pet-friendly travel destinations in the US for you and your sidekick.
- San Diego, CA - From the plethora of dog-friendly restaurants to stretches of beach for your pooch to run free, San Diego is filled with warm weather puppy travel vibes.
- Lake Placid, NY - Nestled in the Adirondack Mountains, Lake Placid is filled with year-round fun for you and your pups. Be warned, your fur baby may need a warm coat and boots during the winter months!
- Key West, FL - Small but mighty! Your dog is free to enjoy the waves with you on the beaches of Key West and had plenty of dog-friendly outdoor restaurants. Keep an eye out because you might come across some free-range chickens in your travels!
- Washington DC - While grass in areas of this urban setting can be hard to find, DC itself is very pet-friendly! Many of the sightseeing areas are pet-friendly, but some of the monuments only welcome service animals, so plan accordingly!
- Portland, OR - Portland kicks dog-friendly restaurants up a notch with Tin Shed Garden Café that has a complete doggy menu. The town is filled with dog-friendly parks and attractions, both on and off-leash, so it has something for every pet family!
- Albuquerque, NM - with more than 10 designated dog parks and endless sunshine, Albuquerque should be on the bucket list of all travelers!
- The Black Hills, SD - With views of Mount Rushmore and the Badlands National Park, Black Hills is a great place to explore with your leashed pet. The small town has plenty of dog-friendly outdoor restaurants to refuel at after a day of hiking!
- Nantucket, MA - This picturesque New England island welcomes leashed pet on its beaches. The town is filled with breweries and restaurants that will love your pooch as much as you do!
- Stowe, VT - with two mountains included in the quaint New England town, there is plenty for you and your pup! You can sit back and enjoy a local IPA after a day of hiking, or enjoy a coffee while shopping, all of which welcome your pup!
- Lake of the Ozarks, MO - built along a large reservoir, the town is filled with wineries, restaurants, and breweries to cater to you and your pup. The town has dog parks, some complete with an agility course for you to use during your visit!
Safe travels and enjoy this time making memories with your pup!